Thursday, April 21, 2005

77 hours of Supanova; Day three (monday) - Part 1

We got home from Jelly Wrestling club around 12ish, i was just peaking from the booze in my system. I couldn't feel me face anymore. it was at this point a sober Cool Hand Weber decided to show me pages from Bikini Cowboy, they looked nice. Cool hand can draw the cute girls like nobody's business and his story telling is spot on. This will rock once its out.

We sat around for a bit and decompressed and then my host went beddybys. I then got a phone call from emma where she was half asleep and i was half drunk, so we had half a conversation.

then sleep. for a bit. i woke up and felt bad. vomit bad. i stumbled to the fridge and poured more water. i drank said water. better. more sleep.

Cool hand gets up at 7 and leaves for uni at 8. My flight was 12 so i was tossing up what i was going to do for 4 hours, stick around casa di cool hand and catch the train or cab or leave with cool hand.
I went with the latter and was packed and ready by 730.

We walked to the nearby train station, me dragging my suitcase behind me, waited around, talking sunglasses, carry bags and uni in general. Cool Hand baulked at the idea i may actually like wearing a tie to work every day. Well i do. And i like wearing a suit as well.

On the train we crammed up, my backpack and suitcase stealing valuable passenger space. Weber was insistent that i get off at Roma St, the station before Central, where he was getting off. He was adamant. I believe he was meeting his cool uni friends and didn't want me around to ruin his cred. I shed a little tear. my station was up, we shook hands, i offered my house whenever he was in adelaide, i thanked him sincerly, grabbed bags and detrained. It was 8:30 and my ticket was valid for 1.5 hours so I found some lockers, stowed my shit and headed towards the city.

It was a fair walk, it would have been shorter if i got out at Central, but i wasn't alone as i tagged along with the many early morning people. I picked up a dodgy map and made my way to a street that had some nice clothes shops on them. Usually at these comic related interstate juants i'll buy Emma some peice of clothing that proves i have taste in women's clothes and to make up for being away. All weekend i was hoping to hit Brunswick st and the valley for there was much coolness on sale. but alas.

Oh cool, there's Ace Comics. Turn, turn. Oh Wow Comics etc. Look Daily Planet. Within 15 minutes 3 comic shops. Comics etc and Daily Planet were both open so i popped in and had a look.

But i realised i was pooped from four colour panelled fun, i found nightwing 104 (for a customer at Pulp Fiction) and had to get out.

Then onto these clothes shops, where i tried to look cool shopping for female clothes, i made sure i asked 'do you have these in a small' denoting "i'm not buying this for me, obviously, for i am a hulk of a man who would never be able to fit into this tiny morsel of clothing". Anyway i went backwards and forwards from shop to shop until i found the best thing for a bargin price. (I have expensive taste but i was broke).
One pink morrisey jumper later i was rushing back to the railway station.
The shop dude wondered "why do you have to go to Roma station when Central is just up the road?"
Sigh

The trip to the airport was nondescript. I checked in, passed security and headed towards the boarding gate. The gate i needed was at the far end of the airport and i had over an hour to go, so fuck that, i'm going wandering. I was still feeling seedy, and when i feel seedy there is nothing better than a cheeseburger, so i hunted down a mcdonalds.

I then heard my name, and it was Mark, the bass player from the Lucksmiths having coffee with the LadyBug Transmitters. I giddily moved over and we chatted for a bit, how did the comic convention end up?, how was jelly wrestling? I asked how did the gig go? apparently both bands ended up jamming on a couple of songs and i started regretting not going. I complimented the Ladybug people and not wanting to wear out my welcome i headed off, by wishing them well.

There was no mcdonalds, and everything else was overpriced. So i starved. I hit an internet kiosk for awhile, got a call from emma and then had to go do a beer shit. So i walked into the dunnies and headed towards a stall when i crossed paths with bass playing Mark again. Then i freaked out, he'll think i'm sort of stalker, god what if i inadvertently use the same stall as him, he'll think i'm a wacko, shit shit shit. which i did, the call of the beer shit fairy was too strong.

That done, i sat around, and waited. i had a stack of con booty to read thru and did so while i waited and while i was in the air.
Flange - great
some work from one of the phatsville guys - good
fat ankles - not so great
misc deevee - good
nightwing 104 - meh

The taxi ride home was quiet while i slept. then down the driveway, through the door. and that was that.

4 comments:

Mark Selan said...

i'm nothing but class

Anonymous said...

Beer Shit ?

You delicate little flower you !

Rissa

Mark Selan said...

Says the lass who almost ran out the door when she sniffed chinese red wine.

Anonymous said...

I believe i was one of the few who actually skulled it !

And i am a gilr i am allowed to be a delicate flower occasionally.

Rissa