Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I try and only watch good films now

Would it be that bad if there was a short exchange in the 4th Die Hard movie that
went along the lines of

"I'm leaving you John! I can't take it anymore. Its not worth it!"
"Not worth it? Not worth it!! I saved your life! I killed for you!"
"Not for me John, for you. You did all that for you."
"For me? Yeah, i wanted to get shot at!"
"You wanted to win, that's why you got shot at. That's why you do everything! That's why you're fighting now, not to save this marriage but because if I leave then that means you lose. Well I'm leaving and there's no winning me back"

but even so it would have been a shit movie.

I liked the first 2 Die Hards - i need to watch the 3rd one again to see if its any good. but the first couple were released at a time when the action stars were brutes like Arnie, Stallone, Chuck Norris, and Steven Seagal. But in Die Hard, Bruce Willis is really just a normal guy barely getting by, he's a brawler who just doesn't give up, who gets by more by determination and street smarts than firepower and skill. In Die Hard 4, though
HE DRIVES A CAR INTO A HELICOPTER!!!!
HE JUMPS ONTO A HARRIER JET!!
AND THEN JUMPS OFF IT!!!!
for fuck sake.


Gah, where's my copy of Rashomon!

1 comment:

LFW said...

Yo M-slan, that's some great writing there, and upon reading it, I think the movie could have done well to put it in.

I personally dug it just because it was a really silly movie with action that just got sillier as it went on, plus the gal that played Mclane's daughter was a hot red-head, so I immediately had my attention, lol.

And the Third Die hard was probably the best because it had Sam L Jackson delivering wicked lines that predated his snakes on a plane debut.

cheers

your fan

-LFW