Thursday, March 10, 2005

Oh what a feeling - Bugger comics

Toyota is using a 32 page comic in K-Zone to advertise its cars to 8-13 year olds.

When i was a young lad, my father wouldn't have even considered asking my thoughts on the family car, besides "Do you think it needs a wash? Well then, don't stand around get the buckets!"
And i fear the day when i have spawn, they'll return from their boarding school "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Please buy the Mitsubishi Wiggly Giggly with built in Freezie dispensers and laughing seats! Please Daddy!"

Of course this isn't the first time a car manufacturer has used comic books to sell cars - but we can't talk about that. Shame though.

Speaking of k-Zone - Vote Dillon.
Jase Harper has his Happy Moo Moo Rawk n Roll Animal Crazy Fun Fun comic in the latest Kzone and I believe Dean Rankine as well - i think, though i thought his stuff appeared in the other one, D-Mag. And Alex Major has also appeared in K-Zone, with his Phat Monkey, which I believe is a comic and not something dirty, but its always hard to tell with Alex.

I wish Kzone wasn't polybagged so i could peruse it while i waited for my groceries to be scanned.

No comments: