Stolen from Holgate and Diggsville
1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Smoked a cigar. Had a sibling.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don’t really make new years resolutions, I have a rough list I want to do but no real time frame to do them.
3. Did anyone you know give birth?
Yes. Everyone appeared to give birth to something.
4. Did anyone you know die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Closet I got to travelling was Mt Gambier and the Iron Triangle.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I barely remember last week, let alone a complete day. Em’s Bday of October 15th was quite nice though.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing the steel framework of the deck.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t believe in failure, only in learning opportunities. The closest failures would be my lack of attention on Sureshot and not getting more issues out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was out of action for 3 weeks when I scratched my eye and it got infected twice.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A Datsun Tran sketch, some Joe Kubert Sgt Rock trades
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My dad, for the birth of his new son and my half bro, Samo.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Appalled is a bit harsh, but I was severely disappointed.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Most goes to the bank to keep the roof on but I spent a ridiculous amount of money on wine.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
As people who know me will attest, I don’t really get excited. I mildly anticipated going out sailing at the beginning of this year. The lead up to going to see Doctor Zhivago on the big screen was kind of exciting.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
That Dance to Joy Division song by the Wombats. And that song by the Ting Tings, “That’s not my name”. I’m bad with songs. There was another song which always caused me to robot dance and say ‘I am robot-dance-a-tron I have came from the year 2000 to rock your world’ I think that’s a Kanye West song that sounds like a Daft Punk song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder, thinner or fatter, richer or poorer?
Happier, Thinner, Poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading and blogging. I have a stack of books that need to be read – back to question 2 I did thinka new years resolution of not buying any new books in 2009 until I read the ones I’ve already got.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Freaking out/Panic attacks
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Past tense, at my mum’s place with the inlaws
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Constantly (with the missus)
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
Flight of the Conchords is as funny as anything I’ve ever seen. And I got nerdy and started to enjoy Battlestar Galactica. And even though the plot for Prison Break is batshit stoopid, the actual writing and pacing within the episodes is awesome.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, still hate the same people but only if I let myself.
26. What was the best book you read?
Eddie Campbell’s Bacchus Volume 3, Kubert’s Enemy Ace, The Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Speed Racer Boxset, springs to mind. I don’t really want much.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Red Belt was one of the few new movies that rocked my world. Otherwise i think i'm the only person who liked Speed Racer and Australia.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
33, went to work, then went for a steak dinner.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finishing the deck, instead of now struggling in 30+ degree heat fighting with warped boards.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Emo Dad at the Hamptons
34. What kept you sane?
Guitar Hero, drinking with friends
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
One of the wives in The Unit and the redhead from the Good Guys ads.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Water Conservation/ Financial crisis.
37. Who did you miss?
Everyone I should have made the effort to say “Hey, I’m here lets catch up”
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn’t really met any new people this year, I hung out with Ive at Arma; and he was very cool. Got to know Loren and Benzine better and they are heaps cool.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
Just let it go; its all just stuff let it go. Anger does nothing to the other person, so let it go.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Who gives a fuck about an oxford comma?
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Stolen from Holgate and Diggsville